1. Capacity development of Caritas of Bishop’s Conference
2. Improve the quality of life of elderly and ill people in Bosnia and Herzegovina
3. Improve the quality of family life in order to promote the values of marriage and family and to act preventively in socio-pathological cases.
4. Represent Caritas in Bosnia and Herzegovina to the wider audience.
5. Provide adequate support to people in crisis situations
6. Promote the process of peace building inside the NGO sector
1. CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT OF CARITAS
Caritas of Bishop’s Conference of Bosnia and Herzegovina wish to put an emphasis on development on its own capacities in the next five years. First, the development of the parish caritas offices is a priority. Development of volunteerism also considered as a capacity development. Without this kind of development and organized work, Caritas would not fulfill its mission.
Caritas of Bishop’s Conference of Bosnia and Herzegovina has implemented different projects and initiatives in this area since 2000.
2. IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF LIFE OF ELDERLY AND ILL PEOPLE
Ill and elderly people are the most vulnerable population in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Alone and ill people are in especially hard position. A huge number of elderly persons are immovable. Because of this, Caritas of Bishop’s Conference of Bosnia and Herzegovina decided to provide support to those persons throughout the program of home care.
3. IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF FAMILY LIFE
Families are facing with large problems, and therefore young people do not decide to start their own families. There is also an increased number of violence in families. Caritas of Bishop’s Conference of Bosnia and Herzegovina would like to open counseling centres, which could help families to solve many problems, and at the same time to promote the values of family life and Christian values of marriage.
4. REPRESENT CARITAS IN BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA TO THE WIDER AUDIENCE
A media work is a cultural dialog within Caritas’s network and care. The purpose of this work is connecting for solidarity purpose, connection, information and motivation for giving. Despite the presence of Caritas of Bishop’s Conference in media since its constitution, Caritas still has not been in public enough. Therefore, Caritas wishes to continue and improve its cooperation with media houses, as they are seen as the strongest tool for sending messages to public.
5. PROVIDE ADEQUATE SUPPORT TO PEOPLE IN CRISIS SITUATIONS
Under this priority, Caritas of Bishop’s Conference of Bosnia and Herzegovina considers elementary disasters and victims affected by those. Caritas wishes to educate its staff for organisation of humanitarian actions and for collecting founds.
6. PROMOTE THE PROCESS OF PEACE BUILDING INSIDE THE NGO SECTOR
Based on the strategic plans of Caritas Europe and Caritas Internationalis as well as on needs and the actual situation in BiH, Caritas of Bishop’s Conference of Bosnia and Herzegovina feels that a larger involvement of Caritas is needed in the process of peace building.
The fundamental starting point in the peace building process is the manual of Caritas Internationalis and our experiences to date.
Emphasis is put on education of staff and concrete help to victims of violence.