„BUILT BETTER CAPACITIES AND COORDINATION“
Duration: 1.1.2017 – 31.12.2018
Implementation partners: Caritas Vrhbosna archdiocese, Caritas Banja Luka and Caritas dioceses Mostar – Duvno and Trebinje Mrkan
Implementation area: Tuzla, Živinice, Zenica, Radunice, Odžak, Breške, Borovica, Vijaka, Žabljak, Bežlja, Mostar, Bijelo polje, Stolac, Čapljina, Široki Brijeg, Banja Luka, Prijedor, Prnjavor i Kotor Varoš
Project budget: 242.612,00 Euro
Project financed by Caritas network funds and small donations.
The project aims to build capacities in local communities and Caritas in Bosnia and Herzegovina, with the specific aim to build resilience from disasters in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Caritas Bosnia and Herzegovina is implementing project together with Diocesan Caritas in Sarajevo, Mostar and Banja Lula. The activities and work of caritas is based on working with local communities and institutions on all levels. The main segments of the project are.
- Building capacities of local communities through education about resilience and risk reduction, as well as reduction of vulnerability
- Originate local communities to activism through different actions like forestation and river band cleaning
- Building capacities of small farms through systematic education in agriculture production adjusted to climate changes
- Education of children through “Herman” workshops in local communities, kindergartens and schools
- Enhancing Caritas preparedness to work in emergency through simulation exercises and education on this subject, as well as through exchanging experience
- Public awareness
- Promoting Sphere standards through Sphere focal point group and Sphere B&H group
Our work is based on partnership with other relevant actors on this subject, like Ministry of security Bosnia and Herzegovina, Civil protection on all levels, Red Cross Bosnia and Herzegovina and local level Red Cross, Emergency aid, and other international and domestic organizations.